InStore Magazine asked 800-plus retail jewelers to take an educated guess at the next breakout category in jewelry.
Here are their top 10 responses:
1. Lab-created diamonds and finished jewelry. (“I think we are already seeing it and it is anything with laboratory-created diamonds.”)
2. Yellow gold (“Yellow gold has been hot, but with the current prices I am not sure.”)
3. Color (also described as rare, exotic and bold. Spinel was mentioned more than once.)
4. Silver (including silver fashion with lab-grown diamonds)
5. Custom and custom bridal
6. Stackable rings and bracelets
7. Men’s jewelry (Fashion, engagement rings and precious metal wedding bands were mentioned.)
9. Avant-garde or alternative bridal, including anything asymmetrical
10. Pre-owned jewelry, including vintage jewelry, updated estate jewelry, repurposing old jewelry and restoration of a customer’s jewelry
The 2019 Big Survey was conducted in September and October and attracted responses from more than 800 North American jewelers.
Look out for all the results in the November issue of INSTORE.